Devicenet remote I/O

No.

Briefly:
  1. Make sure you don't assign a duplicate address.
  2. Add the module to the scan list and download to the scanner module. Use RSNetworx for Devicenet for this.
  3. Configure the added module's input and output datatable addresses. The size of these parameters can vary depending on the type of module.
There are other settings but these are the basics.

Others with more detailed info will be along.

In general, you need the software tools in order to configure a new device on the network or alter an existing device (like the Scanner).

There are a handful of exceptions, like systems built with QuickConnect and the auto-Scanlist feature.

If you're using Rockwell Automation controllers, the software tool is RSNetworx for DeviceNet. If you're using Omron or DeltaV or some other controller, you use their tools.