Power Tansistor

ScottC

Hello Everyone, I know this is a PLC forum but if we can just step to the world of obsolete semiconductors for one quick question, I would greatly appreciate any assistance you can give me. I am trying to find a Westcode WT5705 power transistor for a laser power supply. Or a suitable substitute. A search on google yields "Galco" which has it listed but not available.
Once again, I would appreciate any assistance. (Including any hardware forums you may know of.)
Thanks
Scott

Gotta keep on searchin'

The part number I used for the search was 2N5705 and I used this address for the search:
NTE Electronics
There is a recommended replacement there which is a NTE152 as well as data sheets for the NTE version. If you were familiar with Phillips Electronics, NTE is what Phillips became through some kind of business arrangement. Good luck!

Randy, Thanks for the help but that one is not going to cut it. This is a High power transistor rated 300A continuous 450A peak, 500Volt sustaining voltage. 150KW switched power. It was produced in 1981 according to the Westcode tech bul. that I have. It really is the strangest looking transistor I have evere seen. Looks more like a SCR.
Thanks again. Looks like I get to do what you said....keep on searchin!
Scott