SLC 5/03 software

g.mccormick

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a SLC 5/03 system that I removed from a system as part of an upgrade for a customer.
I believe that I have to buy software in order to do anything with the SLC correct? I'm guessing there is no free software to be able to do any programming in the SLC.

I was just going to play with it, but if I can't do anything without buying expensive software, I will probably just get rid of it.

Your guesses are correct. At what point does system plus software become 'expensive' for you? We may be able to suggest some alternatives.

Thanks. Using this would just be for "doodle" purposes. Play with to learn/etc.
How cheap of software is there? I would not want to pay more than a hundred bucks or so just for something to play with.

Nothing for the SLC 5/03 but consider the Micrologix 1000 (several available on EBay) coupled with free software available here

Another option is the AutomationDirect Click with free software.

Thanks Bernie. I have a Click in the garage already. I was just thinking if I could play with the SLC that would be good. Not worth it to buy software though. I will probably just be putting it on ebay in the future.

Thanks

You can also use the same software that Bernie is talking about with MicroLogix 1100 which will give you Ethernet connectivity (easier to use).