compactlogix connection

Joel201

Good day,

I am using a 1769-L35CR which has a built in rj45 for controlnet and rs232 port. if i need to download a program to the PLC can i use the rj45 and if i can how to configure it or if i were to use the rs232 port and my laptop doesn't have an rs232 port is there a specific cable that can be used from rs232 to usb and how to configure it. thanks in advance for helping.

Get a USB to serial adapter.
This one has been the best I've used so far, and works with everything.

The 8P8C port (RJ45 is only for describing telephone wiring) is mainly used for diagnostics on the ControlNet network, not programming.

Similar Topics

Hi there, I have an existing 5/04 cpu with onboard DH+ and DF1. DH+ is being used to connect this PLC to the site wide SCADA system. DF1 serial...
Replies
Views
Yesterday I was working with an Allen-Bradley Controllogix and a Compactlogix. I was using a MSG instruction to read from the Controllogix via...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am trying to connect a L24ER Compactlogix PLC to a GK420d Zebra printer. All my manual reading and forum searches has lead me to believe...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am trying to communicate Citect 7.1 to CompactLogix L30 PLC. I am able to read basic datatypes from the PLC , but structures are not...
Replies
Views
Hello,i need your help. I cant connect to a CompactLogix L23E, I tried via Ethernet and Serial too. The PLC has a IP configured, I have ping it...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom