pick and place application

alagesan2704

I am designing a 2 YZ axis pick and place system for stacking products in 3 x 3 matrix. The user will select the number of rows, columns and height of the stack.

I am planning to use worm geared ashynchronous motor for this application with brakes & encoder. We are planning to use VFD for controlling the pick and place.

I need suggestion in selecting the right control system.

1.Should the encoder feedback directly connected to PLC
2.What is the configuration of PLC to be selected
3.Do we require motion cards for this application
4.Programming of PLC, any advance instruction similar to robot programming is available?

pick and place.jpg

the common process for this is servo driven
you need to look at your production speed before the design any further.

If we want to stick to basic definition we have motor, encoder (position feedback) and PLC, so we have motion controller with servo.
But the real question is speed of process, required moment and precision. If you tell us that, we can be very precise with answer.

Best regards,
Vuckovic Goran.