Com Problems with MicroLogix

EMSSTC

Hello Everyone,
I have a MicroLogix 1500 LSP Series C that I am trying to connect to a PanelView 550 (cat 2711-T5A2L1) via an AIC+ (1761-NET-AIC)

I am using 1761-CBL-AM00 SER C and 1761-CBL-AS03 SER A (which I just realized say AIC to SLC. Could that be part of the problem?)

I used a 1747-UIC to put the program in the PV, and a USB-1747-CP3 to put the program in the PLC. They didn't communicate via the AIC, so I changed the com port of the PLC to DH485. Now I can't get back in to the PLC

Could anyone help me fix?
EMSSTC

Update: The PV and PLC are communicating, but I don't know which cable or driver to use to go online with the PLC and change it into "Run" mode.

EMSSTC

If your ML1500 serial port is configured for DH485 protocol then your 1747-UIC and a 1761-CBL-PM02 cable will get you connected to your ML1500.

See link below if you need one.

http://www.ind-concepts.com/Allen_Bradley_PLC_Cables.htm

If you just want to controller to go to run mode then set the "RUN-REM-PROG" switch to "RUN".
If you want to controller to go to run mode on power-up...with the switch set at "REM" then...

On Powerup Go To Run (Mode Behavior) S:1/12
By default this is (0). Setting this field to (1) places the processor in run mode the moment it is powered up.

Last edited:
EMSSTC said:
change it into "Run" mode.

If you just want to controller to go to run mode then set the "RUN-REM-PROG" switch to "RUN".
If you want to controller to go to run mode on power-up...with the switch set at "REM" then...

EMSSTC, More information... Door on the left there is a switch, lift the door and move the switch

Thanks Mickey!