Card access for PLC and Line Production

kdla

I've read that I can use door access prox cards to override. Our maintenance manager wants to do way more and this is the only place I could find to get a definitive yes or no on what is possible.
I am I.T. support and do not have a PLC background, so be gentle with me.:D

1) card level access to the PLC - different access rights based on maintenance sub department (Operator, electrician, production engineer...) I would assume that this is done at the GUI Touch screen. Is this possible?
2) Card reader at each station on a line - most likely connected to an Epicor MES system. Is this also possible?

Regards,
Kerry

Last edited:

Similar Topics

Dear All, If you could please help me with the following issue it would be very helpful. Trying to solve this for the last week. I've a L33ERM...
Replies
Views
Hello! I am working on a Controllogix project with redundant PLCs. The primary and secondary racks both contain: [0]L71 [1]EN2T [2]CN2R [3]CN2R...
Replies
Views
Hi I am new to Omron PLC. I am using CJ2M-CPU33 PLC with a CF card. Communication is via ethernet with IP address 192.168.250.2 (PLC). When I...
Replies
Views
Omron AD081-V1 Analog Input Card Offset & Gain Adjustment Entering Adjustment Mode 1. Set the input card in adjustment mode (Turn ON Dip SW No-1)...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Has any of you tried to change the IP Gateway of the PLC (of course, essentially of the ENBT card), while in a redundant configuration...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom