Installing ethernet card in safety PLC

Wilso

Expanding on my previous question, now that the distributed safety issue is solved.

Instal the card (easy part).
Select the first empty slot (7)
Insert object>Simatic 300>CP-300>Industrial Ethernet>CP 343-1>6GK7 343-1EX30-0XE0>v2.4

Set the MAC address, IP address, Subnet mask and router addresses (got all that).Select the correct subnet.

Save and compile the hardware configuration and download it.

Open F-Call, compile and down load it.

Anything I've missed?

Normally you do not have to set the MAC address. Only when you use ISO protocol. Do you want that ?

Other than that, if it compiles without errors, then you are good to go.

Normally you do not have to set the MAC address. Only when you use ISO protocol. Do you want that ?

Other than that, if it compiles without errors, then you are good to go.

Needs the MAC address for connection to our VLAN. IP address is assigned specifically to that MAC. It won't be communicating with the PC or any of the other PLC's on this device. It's only for communication with the external data acquisition server (which is an excellent fault finding tool). Safety PLC is the last device not connected.

OK, the problems with installing the card.
Firstly, the other 4 plc's all communicate with the programming PC via ethernet.
The safety PLC routes across one of the other PLC's and through the profibus.

If I install the card first, then the safety PLC crashes and won't communicate. So I did the hardware set up. Do a save and compile, but then when I try to down load it, it tries to communicate over the card that I am installing. Asked one of the engineers and he suggested selecting "Not networked". That appears to work at first, but then when I view the properties of the card in the hardware, it says that since the card is not networked, it will be ignored during compilation and down load. I've retrieved a previous archive, and now it's all running again as normal, but at this stage, I'm making a strategic withdrawal until I can get some engineering assistance (not an easy thing for me).