Contrologix: Able to configure AI Alarms setting via HMI (FTview ME) during Runtime?

MOeZ

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello Experts,

I planned to write those tags via panel view plus and
is it possible to set Bulit-in Alarms Configuration of Analogue input via Panel view?
or any special configuration have to be made in advance? As always, many thanks!

Details in attach.

AB AI Config & Alarm Setting.jpg

Right Click on the project (directly above "system" - in the tree), select add faceplates. One of the faceplates is analog alarm. You can edit this as needed.

James

Yes, you can write to those members of the AI module tag directly from your PanelView, but that will not download to the module itself.

You will need to configure a MSG instruction to send the :C tag to the module. There is a special MSG type called "Module Reconfigure" to do this.

Enable the MSG with a PanelView "Accept" button, or write code that detects a change in the AI alarm members (or any other configuration data), and triggers the MSG.

Yes, you can write to those members of the AI module tag directly from your PanelView, but that will not download to the module itself.

You will need to configure a MSG instruction to send the :C tag to the module. There is a special MSG type called "Module Reconfigure" to do this.

Enable the MSG with a PanelView "Accept" button, or write code that detects a change in the AI alarm members (or any other configuration data), and triggers the MSG.

Many Thanks daba :cool:. will try on that but could you please show me any notes/manual about how to configure MSG with "Module Reconfigure" function? Thanks in advance!

Many Thanks daba :cool:. will try on that but could you please show me any notes/manual about how to configure MSG with "Module Reconfigure" function? Thanks in advance!

I found it two manual showing to configure Modules by using RESET and RECONFIGURE attributes. to change only alarms SP, do not require to use RESET function, right. thanks!

In all the time I've worked with Logix5000 I/O modules (over 10 years) I have never had cause to use the Reset function.

If you do use Reset, the "connection" between the module and the controller will be broken, and it will re-establish itself automatically. This will interrupt the I/O updating until the connection is remade.

Module Reconfigure, on the other hand simply updates the configuration data without breaking the connection.

In all the time I've worked with Logix5000 I/O modules (over 10 years) I have never had cause to use the Reset function.

If you do use Reset, the "connection" between the module and the controller will be broken, and it will re-establish itself automatically. This will interrupt the I/O updating until the connection is remade.

Module Reconfigure, on the other hand simply updates the configuration data without breaking the connection.

Thanks a lot for your reply. that really helped.