waht is fuzzylogic?

azadplc

Hi ... What is fuzzy logic.? how do use fuzzy logic in labview? What is difference between PID-Fuzzy-neural networks?

Last edited:
The biggest difference between PID and Fuzzy, is the ability to change the control algorithm, depending on the input or more as one input can be used.
Neural and fuzzy looks very much the same, but the neurons are all separate ad needs aal a definition.
PID is one simple arithmetic line, fuzzy needs more calcinstructions (nowadays no problem )

I remember an advertisement by a movie camera company on the advantages of their accurate focusing system. They noted that it used "fuzzy logic". Maybe it did but probably not the best way to point it out.

The biggest difference between PID and Fuzzy, is the ability to change the control algorithm, depending on the input or more as one input can be used.
In what way? Provide an example.
PIDs can use gain scheduling.
I actually think of gain scheduling as being rather crude. A better way is to know how the system changes as a function of different parameters.

Neural and fuzzy looks very much the same, but the neurons are all separate ad needs aal a definition.
The 'neurons' of a neural net use sigmoids instead of linear ramps most commonly use in fuzzy logic. FL can use sigmoids too but it complicates things.

PID is one simple arithmetic line, fuzzy needs more calcinstructions (nowadays no problem )
A PID can be one simple line and that is good because the code requires few resources.

Fuzzy logic isn't magic. The rates of change and integration of the error or output are still required to make FL work. Most FL examples are thinly disguised PD, PI or PID examples.

Last edited:
i do agree with peter (as always)
next step for azad is in labview in help search for example use
tanks fuzzy control PI.vi you will need the fuzzy logic toolkit

Back
Top Bottom