Red Lion Crimson 3 emulator

frankv1

Usual boring question by newbee;

Am trying to write and implement some simple programs with Crimson 3 software with a virtual setup of Modular controller CSMSTRGT and a few modules ( I/O , Analog IN etc) When i try to run the program using the emulator all i get is; "EMULATOR NOT SUPPORTED WITH THIS MODEL"
I have tried all combinations of settings on the Communications tab with no results.

Any help appreciated

Welcome to the forum.

Are you using a Kadet model? The emulator does not support Kadets.

If you want to try out code then change to a model that the emulator supports. After you work out the kinks then transfer it to a Kadet project.

Thanks for reply.

I have tried to find a list on the user manual of what the emulator supports but can not find one.

As per my original post i need to simulate a program using CSMSTRGT modular controller with some I/O modules.Would submit a working program on PC to client.On approval i can order hardware.

Hello,

I am sorry but the emulator doesn't support the Modular Controller. The only models supported are the color HMIs in the Kadet, G3, and Graphite Lines.

I tried to update the emulateur with my USB cable on the Master CSMSTRGT whos connected on a CSDIO14 and he says Emulator not supported with this model. I'm using Vista 32 bits. I'm new with all those plc things i'm an industriel engineer student and i have a project in a rebar factory. I want to know when a machine (SHEAR) is running and when it isnt. So when i arrive here the master and the csdio14 was already installed. Any tips will be appreciate.

thanks