Communication between two micrologix 1400

JaiDutt

Hello everyone.
Its just a small help I need this time.
M using 2 ml1400. Both of them are taking data from 10 energy meter each. Now I want to get these data to scada. The system having scada is near one plc. The other plc is about 2 km away..
Can I get that data using rj45 port available in that plc? What protocol shud I use? Will it work for this distance...and how many more love can I connect to this system?

Thanks and regards.

Jai

The RJ45 connector(Channel 1) off the ML1400 controller is an Ethernet port; you could use it for routing EtherNet/IP communications.
For "Generic" Ethernet media, Cat.6 for example, the maximum cable run for 10/100/1000BaseT sized "packets" will be limited to 328 feet (100 meters), however, fiber optic media will increase the distance to up to 120 Kilometers.
Refer to https://kb.wisc.edu/ns/page.php?id=7829