Where I can find good material for REAL WORLD Allen Bradley PLC learning?

Tofo

Dear all,

I took a PLC course in college. The course was mainly doing basic relay type programming. I did not need to worry about setting up the system, Ethernet, database, etc. After school , I fixed a machine which used directlogix. Again, I did not need to worry about any hardware communication because the program was built by someone else and I did the modification part.

I want to know where I can find real world training material for AB plc because I am going to do it all by myself this time

Thanks

A couple of ideas for you...
-Check out youtube videos, there are many tutorials on there. Some describe building your own home plc unit for practice.
-Buy the Logixpro simulator and complete the exercises. Then create your own more complicated exercises.
-Build your own PLC at home. Check out ebay.com (I ordered a lot of inputs and outputs from China to save a bunch $)
-Check out your local vocational colleges for industrial maintenance classes/ plc classes.
-Read these forums often.
These are all things that I am currently doing to learn more on my own time and my own dime. :D

The only "REAL WORLD" training you will ever get is out in the "REAL WORLD" working with those people whom have been around awhile.

Training/tutorials only get you so far.

Is this a project for work or school?

@tofo
There are a large number of posts on this site from students over many years
Search for
Traffic lights
Conveyor systems
Lifts
Tank controls
Flip flop
In most cases the op post asks how to do it

This will give you ideas.

There are a number of people on this site that offer courses also.
As mark suggested. You will appreciate Ron