AB 1756-DNB Idle/Run Mode

LangMichael

Hi guys,

I´m configuring a AB Guarlogix with Safetypartner and the 1756 DeviceNet-Scanner!

Using:

- 3x 1791DS-IB8X
- 1x 1791DS-IB16

- RSLogix 5000

When I go to "Controller Tags", the Input values of the modules are presented corret.
But I can´t set any Output, or force them. (I can, but the real output won´t get high)

After some reading, I found out, that this might be, because the scanner is in Idle mode and there, Outputs are not controlled.

My problem now is: If i set Local:3:O.CommandRegister.Run nothing happens. But the scanner reacts, for example if I set ....Register.Reset!

Has anybody an idea, what the problem could be?
I would be very thankfull for any information!!

thanks for the help

I´m with stupid -> Me

After a few hours I thought I could try to switch the controller to RUN mode and this was the solution to my problem!

There isn´t any document, that says that I have to place the controller in run mode to get the Scanner in run mode! But now I can go on!!

Make sure the DeviceNet is always put into run mode when the processor runs by putting an unconditional rung with OTE Local:3:O.CommandRegister.Run as the first rung of your Main Program in the Continuous Task.

If the processor goes out of Run mode, all non-retentive outputs are turned off, including the DeviceNet "Run" command. When the processor re-enters Run Mode, the rung will re-enable Run Mode on the DeviceNet.

NOTE : Inputs are not always active in "Idle" mode... Some devices are, some are not. So debugging in Program Mode is not really valid for DeviceNet inputs.

Last edited: