PLC siemens S5 115U CPU 943 B

abuelfun

Iam using a plc simatic s5 115 U (siemens ) my problem that there is no output on CPU (943 B) there are 2 selector switches one RN/ST with 2 indicators RN/ST the other selector NR/RE/OR with 3 indicators QVZ/ZYK/BASP , the indicator ST is blinking although the selector switch selected to RN, after that we disconnect the input/output modules plus serial interface 810 ,but the result is the same that ST indicator is blinking although the selector switch on RN position , please your help in solving this problem .
thanks and best regards.

Hello;
Here is an excerpt from the S5-115U manual (6ES5 998-0UF23.pdf) that you can download from the Siemens support webpage: www4.ad.siemens.de

Siemens suggests in this manual a few diagnostic techniques you may use to pinpoint and correct the error (Istack and Bstack evaluation).

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

115u_st.jpg

plc s5 115 u cpu 943 b

HELLO
FRIENDS
I HAVE APROBLEM ON PLC S5 115 U CPU 943B THAT THERE IS NO OUTPUT ,ERROR INDICATOR ON PCS 100 IS LIGHTING ,CONNECTION CABLE BETWEEN PLC & PCS 100 CHECKED. INPUT / OUTPUT MODULE DISCONNECTED.
AFTER ALL THE INDICATOR OF STOP MODE WAS FLASHING .THEN I RETURN TO MANUAL ON INTERNET & CHECKED ERROE DIAGNOSTICS SECTION WHERE IFOUND THAT USER PROGRAM MAY CONTAINS THE TNB,TIR OR TDI OPERATION .
1.WHAT IS MENT BY TNB ,TIR & TDI .
2. HOW CAN I ISOLVE THIS PROBLEM .

BEST REGARDS

abuelfun,

I had a similar problem on Friday. If you have an EEPROM you could try a full reset.

Power down, remove the EEPROM, power back up, hold down the OR switch and flick the RUN/STOP switch about three times.

Then power down, put the EEPROM back in and power up, then turn the PLC to run and it should boot from the EEPROM

ONLY DO THIS IF YOU HAVE THE EEPROM OR A CURRENT COPY OF THE PROGRAM AS IT WILL ERASE EVERYTHING IN THE PLC. IF YOU AREN'T SURE ABOUT THIS THEN DON'T DO IT.

(How's that for a disclaimer)

:)

plc siemens s5 115u cpu 943b

HI
JOHNNY & MEMBERS

THANK YOU JOHNNY FOR YOUR HELPFULL REPLY , NOW I SOLVED THE PRBLEM AS PER YOUR PROCEDURE .
ALSO I WANT SOME ONE TO HELP ME IN FINDING A DEMO SOFTWARE FOR SIEMENS S5 115 U /100 U FOR LEARNING , PRACTICING & PROGRAMMING AS WE HAVE FOR OTHER SOFTWARE E.G LOGIX PRO .
I HAVE SOFTWARE FROM SIEMENS ON DISKETE & IWANT TO LEARN MORE BEFORE ISET UP THE SOFTWARE ON MY LAPTOP , I HAVE A VERY GOOD EXPERIENCE WITH MITSUBISHI MEDOC , GX DEVELOPER - FX , SIEMENS S7,LOGO SOFT,ALLEN BRADLY ....

BEST REGARDS

reload user program for s5-115U plc

heelo my friend ( abuelfun)

i have s5-115U siemens plc , i have problem that may be we lost user program .
i made all the necessary overall reset and checks , now there is no any fault red indication ae all OFF, all digital input modules are lighted but output madules are all OFF( led in all output chanel are off )
my question how can i be sure that the user program are lost or not.
can i reload the program by a laptop PC or only programmer unit siemens PG shall be used.
thanks
mohamed abossa
abuelfun said:
HELLO
FRIENDS
I HAVE APROBLEM ON PLC S5 115 U CPU 943B THAT THERE IS NO OUTPUT ,ERROR INDICATOR ON PCS 100 IS LIGHTING ,CONNECTION CABLE BETWEEN PLC & PCS 100 CHECKED. INPUT / OUTPUT MODULE DISCONNECTED.
AFTER ALL THE INDICATOR OF STOP MODE WAS FLASHING .THEN I RETURN TO MANUAL ON INTERNET & CHECKED ERROE DIAGNOSTICS SECTION WHERE IFOUND THAT USER PROGRAM MAY CONTAINS THE TNB,TIR OR TDI OPERATION .
1.WHAT IS MENT BY TNB ,TIR & TDI .
2. HOW CAN I ISOLVE THIS PROBLEM .

BEST REGARDS

If you over-all reset your plc all the data in your CPU is deleted.Upon doing an over-all reset you should have a back-up file of your program, Try to upload the program before you make an over-all reset. Data would not loss if you have an eprom.

You could download the program with your PC to your plc all you have is an rs232 current loop to transmit the data.

lastly you should have an software for your plc!

regarding Simatic S5 115 U PLC

Hi,
I am srikrish, can u please help me to find the exact problem with my simatic S5 PLC with 944 CPU, The problem is the RN LED is not illuminated, the STOP LED is flickering, so can u please tell me whether removing the CPU unit (the complete CPU unit) from the PLC module the prevoius PLC program will be erased, the CPU unit which i am having also contains a EPROM unit also. Please reply at the earliest.

and also let me know removing the battery in the power supply unit will cause any loss in PLC program.

Last edited:
Hi,
I am srikrish, can u please help me to find the exact problem with my simatic S5 PLC with 944 CPU, The problem is the RN LED is not illuminated, the STOP LED is flickering, so can u please tell me whether removing the CPU unit (the complete CPU unit) from the PLC module the prevoius PLC program will be erased, the CPU unit which i am having also contains a EPROM unit also. Please reply at the earliest.

and also let me know removing the battery in the power supply unit will cause any loss in PLC program.
srikish,

hijacking a thread is NOT the way to get the answers you're looking for. Doing so to two separate threads (you're doing the same in this thread) is no solution either nor is sending me a personal mail. The best way to find your solution is to start a new thread. Useful tip: there's a button with exactly that title in the overview page.

Kind regards,