Cx-programmer - changing timx sv using a variable

Adam_White91

Just trying to use a variable to change the SV on a timx timer. Im using a hmi to input a minute value then I times that by 600 to get the right value for my timer. The reason for using a timx timer is because I need a timer capable of counting over 999.9S. I can do the multiply and change the SV fine with a BCD type timer and BCD type multiply instruction *B. But when i use the *U instruction with binary numbers it spits out weird numbers can someone please help. Ive attached two screenshots of my my programs. One is a example of my BCD multiply and timer which works OK but unfortunately need a longer range then 999.9S the other screenshot is my binary multiply which does not work.

PLC - CP1L-EM
CX-PROGRAMMER

bcd-MULTIPLY.jpg binary-multiply.jpg

Yeah sorry I did change it to decimal it all works sorry for the inconvenience should of posted earlier that I found the problem. Just one of them days...