How to report to operator a problem writing database?

Desmoke

Hi,

the architecture of the control system ​that I'm using is the following:

FTView Local Station 7.00.00 (SR CPR9 6) on machine running XP. The Client runs on the same machine going to define an Stand Alone architecture .
I'm using also RSLinx Enterprise data connection to a PLC (1769-L30ER).

It's been configured Datalog model of Oracle Database that records the data correctly. The DB is installaed on another machine with Xp.

If for one reason generic, the recording data is not to be successful, (eg. network problem, a disconnected cable, whatever ...), I need to notify the operator through the activation of a bit, which then I will use to activate a siren alarm, and a warning light.

Any suggestions on how I can proceed??