RSView Client and FTView Studio 7.00

Brian7424

I have an RSView SE 3.0 distributed application running on a Client/Server.

Can I use FTView 7.0 to develop some new screens and or modify existing and run it on the old Client (3.0)?

System is getting old and looking for a backup plan.

Thinking if I get the screens over to FTView 7.0 I can work on the project while the old system is still running. I'm concerned about the BIG jump in Versions.

Also we don't need a distributed system. Can that be changed or do I have to bring the project over as it is?

Thanks, Brian

This is one of those "I never thought to try it" things, but in general I have always needed the same version of FactoryTalk View Studio as the SE Server system was running in order to edit displays or features.

If this were my system, the only way I would work on it would be to make a virtualized copy of the existing Server and migrate that, offline, to a completely separate OS and installation of FactoryTalk View SE 7.0.

I'm confident you could change this to a Standalone system if you migrated each Display and component one at a time. I'm not sure if you could do so if you upgraded the whole thing as a project.