2711-K5A2 via 5/05 ENET->DH485 Passthru?

blystovski

I have a SLC 5/05 on the company Ethernet network. This SLC (via 1761-NET-AIC) is connected to the PanelView, part number 2711-K5A2 (via 1747-AIC), along with a couple of instruments that are also on the DH-485 network. I am trying to configure passthru from the Ethernet network to the PV, which sadly is at an unknown node address (the lack of documentation is astounding).

Nothing that I have tried has worked. Any help would be appreciated.

Remember that your RSLinx/PanelBuilder computer must have its IP address in the Passthrough table in the SLC-5/05.

This was never a popular or well supported mechanism, so you might find it's not supported by that old PanelView or by PanelBuilder or the SLC-5/05 firmware.

The blocks of data used by PanelBuilder for upload/download are bigger than ordinary DH485 packets, so there were various combinations of firmware that had to be present for PanelBuilder to perform uploads, even when other Passthrough functions worked.

The issue was the routing table - that was the part I forgot. I hadn't set this up for *years*. Thanks for the help, it's working now!