Recording software for monitoring intermittent failures?

I'd love to set up my GE Fanuc PLC to monitor intermittent input Failures on elevator controllers (Relay and/or solid state) and record them on my laptop. but I have no clue how to do it. Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Just about any SCADA software can do this.

If you don't want to keep the computer running the SCADA software connected continuously to the PLC, try using the Shift Register function to move the fault codes into a stack, and two additional shift registers for the date and time. At some convenient time, you can connect to the PLC with monitoring software, retrieve the fault data and reset the shift registers.

Similar Topics

We currently have 3 SLC 5/05's running RS-500 connected via ethernet and we would like to record certain inputs and memory locations. Being able...
Replies
Views
I have to rollout a common CLX PLC program to a dozen or more installations, but each installation uses a different HMI front end. Some WW, some...
Replies
Views
Dear all I need help for delta plc programming . I can use DVP-12SE PLC and HMI DOP-B10E615 as they both support ethernet. I am planning to make...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon, Many times I will quickly brainstorm an idea on FactoryTalk View , and would like to email it a coworkers , instead of...
Replies
Views
There has been a request for me to setup one of our machine HMI's to record a change in a setpoint. It needs to show what the last setpoint was...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom