plc p.s. or another power supply

Joel201

Good day,

Can you please give light to my question wether to use the PLC power supply as the 24vdc supply for my input and output devices or i need to use seperate 24vdc supply for my input and output devices? thanks for you advise

/sigh.

Yes, absolutely.

No, you cannot.

It depends.

If you want an answer to be even close to valid, you need to provide more information, such as your intended make and model of PLC. Then again, if you have that information, just browsing the manuals would have already answered your question.

sorry i a bit of a newbie. i am using S7-313c cpu and a ps 307 5a p.s.
and i my outputs are solenoid valves. thanks for your help (y)

It is still impossible to answer the question because we don't know how much power you need. My gut answer would be to use the PLC 24Vd.c. output to supply the inputs and a separate supply for the solenoids. But if the solenoids are very low power and the PLC supply is big enough then you may be OK. You need to do some maths on the power required by your inputs and outputs, then compare that value with the power available from the PLC supply.