Windows8

You are probably better off sticking with Windows 7 if you have everything working in it or going using a virtual machine. I've never heard anything concrete about Windows 8, just hit and miss.

What software do you use?

Currently working with Red lion Crimson 3 for a project. My manager purchased me a laptop before asking. I have already had issues and I just feel I should not build on such a new OS. I also plan on using S7 Siemens in future so 7 is where I should start to start from.

i'm still using XP :) but will move to 7 soon. (Still have old plc soft in need for a serial port and not compatible with 7) i won't try 8 untill eveything is working and being stable.

My actual laptop came with 7 and i installed xp using 7 licence so i expect you can downgrade it without a new licence...Correct me if i'm wrong ?

The software I run (mostly A-B stuff) only recently became compatible with 7. I probably won't switch until long after Windows 9 comes out. I usually avoid every "other" Windows version anyway based on the track record since 95.

95 good, 98 ****, 98 SE good, ME ****, XP good, Vista ****, 7 good, 8 ****, so 9 will probably be good.

I feel the same way about windows. At my last job we waited a long time before go from XP to 7 with all our A B stuff. Here I am going to just get a different unit running 7 and try to skipp the headaches.

Thanks to all for the replies.