RedLion G306/G310 - not serving web pages

AdrianEL

Hi all

I just upgraded our G306 to a bigger G310 display. The G310 just will not serve a web page to the Internet. I can see it on the LAN perfectly well and the port forwarding is set up on the router. Basically everything is the same as the previous G306 which worked fine. I have compared all the settings in both devices and they are identical (at least as far as IP, web server, etc ) although of course the database is different.

I know the router settings inside out - I have done this hundreds of times and it works. But I just can't get the G310 to serve pages outside the LAN

Any ideas?

Hi all

I just upgraded our G306 to a bigger G310 display. The G310 just will not serve a web page to the Internet. I can see it on the LAN perfectly well and the port forwarding is set up on the router. Basically everything is the same as the previous G306 which worked fine. I have compared all the settings in both devices and they are identical (at least as far as IP, web server, etc ) although of course the database is different.

I know the router settings inside out - I have done this hundreds of times and it works. But I just can't get the G310 to serve pages outside the LAN

Any ideas?

If you are using the same IP address, it may take the router to recognize the new MAC as the destination.

I'd be interested to see if it works tomorrow morning. If not, post the two databases and let us take a look at them.

Thanks for looking

I found that if I set the DNS servers manually the G310 works as expected. Odd because the previous G306 definately did not have these set manually. So somehow the DHCP system was not communicating the DNS server info to the G3.