Panelview Component C600 with several PLCs and same tagnames

Podenciano

Hey guys, there is a long time that I just read posts here and never write, so it is the time now for that!

The company I work for have around 52 Micrologix 1100 connected in a switch in the same IP base, and this machines are mechanically identical, so the only changed needed for production is the specification, around 4 parameters, integers (N type) loaded by RSLinx with OPC topic names running a PC, we do have a HMI Compactlogix C600, and we use the RS-232 communication od the PLC to change this parameters directly in the PLC when our network is down, now we want to instal this HMI in fixed in a wall, connected in this switch in the same IP base, but the problem is: to use all those same tag names, like for ex: 'N11:13' for all 52 PLCs by just selection witch one to communicate, this is putting me crazy, I tried till "non conventional ways" to do that and I just can not do that! o_O

Do you guy have an idea of how can I do that? Even the mothed not been so conventional?

Regards from Brazil!

Hello Podenciano,

in the Connected Component Workbench under Communication you can add more than one controller, e.g. PLC1, PLC2, PLC3.

When you add a Tag, like 'N11:13', you select a controller from where comes the data. So, you can have severall 'N11:13' from different controllers, just assigned to different Tag Names.
For example PLC1_N11_13 (for 'N11:13' from the PLC1) and PLC2_N11_13 (for 'N11:13' from the PLC2).

Best regards,
crawler009

Hello Podenciano,

in the Connected Component Workbench under Communication you can add more than one controller, e.g. PLC1, PLC2, PLC3.

When you add a Tag, like 'N11:13', you select a controller from where comes the data. So, you can have severall 'N11:13' from different controllers, just assigned to different Tag Names.
For example PLC1_N11_13 (for 'N11:13' from the PLC1) and PLC2_N11_13 (for 'N11:13' from the PLC2).

Best regards,
crawler009
Hello crawler009,

In this case, we use to many tags, and multiplying all them to 52 controllers I am afraid this number it will be higher than the HMI is capable to work with.

Because of this that I was looking for a way to just change the controller IP or name to keep all the tag names and screens in the same number that they are today.

Best regards,
Podenciano

Hello Podenciano,

now i understand. On the Panelview Component i'm pretty shure its not possible. You know how many tags can the C600 handle?
Maybe its posible that you have one controller that communicates via MSGs with the others, so you would have these tags used only once to send them to the main controller.
I was just looking, you can assign in the RI of the MSG the IP-Address via code.

Best regards,
crawler009

Last edited: