Red Lion DSPZR - Data Logging Issue

jrexrode

We have a DSPZR unit that has quit creating new log files after 2-3 months of working normally. Everything seemed to be working fine with the unit with the exception of the data logging.

The unit logs a single tag value from 20 different machines at an interval of about 1 minute per machine. A new log is for each machine is created daily. The compact flash card had 2 months of logs stored and still had 1.8 GB left of 2 GB. The CF card I'm using is a SanDisk Ultra 2GB, 15MB/S, not an industrial rated model.

Seeing how this data is critical for our records, I'd like to determine why the data logging stopped.

Could it be the CF card isn't optimal for data logging? On cycling power to the unit and downloading the database, it's working normal as usual.

Could it be a network issue on the datalogging side? I noticed that the logging didn't stop all at once. Some logs stopped on the same day, some stopped a few days later, and some others stopped later than that.

I'd like setup a way to do a daily check to see if new logs were created and a way to monitor the individual communication status of the attached machines. I can do a handshake betwen the different Micrologix controllers and the Red Lion for the communications, but how would I go about checking the logs?

I think what I'm asking is, does anyone know of an easy way to check to see that the newest log file for a given data log setup has a different name than the newest log from the day before.

CF Cards have a liimited # of writes to them...If you're writing a tag value to it every minute for 3 months you've likely exhausted the # of writes. Have you tried swapping out to a new CF card?