address an array bool omorn cx-programmer

Tommycai

I am setting a bit from an array of bool if something happens that will create a fault ( cylinder does not make a certain position when output is triggered).

I set the bool value from array say fault[3], well my array is fault[100] how can i move zeros into the entire array or reset the entire array?

If an acknowledge button is pressed I want to move 0 into every array address. is this possible without having to do a rung for each address?

I am setting a
W200.00 Faults[0]
W200.01 Faults[1]

I want to move a zero, or reset these values when pressing the acknowledge button.

If the air pressure is not ok then W200.01 will be set
and when the operator presses the acknowledge button it will reset all the array values.

I think I got the BSET to work I just needed to use the word addressing the array of bool thanks.

Is there a comparison of array for bool values? I see that <> uses only UINT,UDINT,INT,DINT

Thanks for the help

Last edited:
If you are only working with those two bits, I would write two separate rungs, one for each bit.

The BSET instruction would reset all 16 bits in the word.

Hope this will help.

There is a bit counter (BCNT) that might do what you are looking for. It will give you the total number of bits that are ON.
There is also the MCMP instruction, but it's a bit tricky to use.
If you need to do a full compare you will probably have to use several <> instructions.

Last edited: