Telemecanique TSX47 Help

lanester

Hi,

We have two Telemecanique TSX47-30's on site running almost identical machines which are over 20 years old. We have the PLC source code for one but not the other. However we do not have any cables or software to view/upload/download. I also believe that the PLC code is stored on a EPROM memory module (just need to double check). Therefore I have the following questions;

Am I correct in thinking that the software that is required to view the PLC program is PL7-3 running on OS/2 Warp?

Where can the software be obtained from? When I called Schneider regarding the TSX PLC they said they could not provide me with the software but could send a engineer out at some silly cost to create a back-up for us.

If one of you kind people are able to point in the location of the software, What cable is required to communicate with the PLC? What is its pin out if not standard?

Finally, with regards to the EPROM. If the PLC where to fail could we remove the EPROM from the faulty PLC and install it in another PLC to get us back up and running again, or is there some configuration required? If so what do you need to do?

Thank you in advance.

Not a nice situation you are in. The software can be found on schneiders website and also the pinouts for the cable. Also i have once seen a tutorial on their site to create a boot-disk for os/2 warp but lots of difficulties in this process. I will try to find the links for you.
Sometimes its not worth the hassles and rather cough up the money and get it done quickly and pain free

Where are you located?

If you were close enough, somewhere in the loft I have a TSX T607 you could loan.

Not possible to post it, the thing weighs about 2.5 tonnes.

Chud: I assume I'm looking for XTEL software. Thanks for looking.
krk: I'm based in Suffolk, so far enough away. Thankyou for the offer!
Oaasheim: I appreciate that I have posted a similar request before. You know how things are, you post these things and sometimes forget about them! If Liam_Moran is still about I will ask him for the info he said he had.

Where are you located?

If you were close enough, somewhere in the loft I have a TSX T607 you could loan.

Not possible to post it, the thing weighs about 2.5 tonnes.

Hello!
We have a computer museum.
We got the TELEMECANIQUE TSX T607 terminal. It turns on, shows self-test, and that there is 128kb RAM and a floppy controller. Its floppy drives are similar to amstrad drives. There are 2 cartridges. There are no boards with ROM. What operating system can I run on it? And is it possible at all? What processor does it have?