AutoCad Multiple Drawings On Single Page

Tim Ganz

I don't have many skills in AutoCad but I need help plotting some drawings for use. The drawings have several drawing pages in one CAD file.

How can I seperate these out so they are one drawing page per CAD file?

I'm not 100% sure what you are trying to do.

you can copy and paste what you need into a new drawing or the way I would do it would be to make a few different layouts.

Right click on layout1 as shown on the attached image and select new layout. You then double click in the window and zoom or pan to fit whatever you need on the screen.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Mark

CAD.png

not sure exactly what you're trying to do - but I think that this is what you're looking for ...

first make a "block" of each piece of the puzzle that you want to put in a separate file ...

then use the "WBLOCK" (Write Block) command for each of the new blocks ... that should allow you to save each of the new blocks as a separate DWG file ...

I don't have many skills in AutoCad but I need help plotting some drawings for use. The drawings have several drawing pages in one CAD file.

How can I seperate these out so they are one drawing page per CAD file?

This is done purposely....Multiple drawings are drawn in Model Space. Then within the drawing you define a new tab for each layout. Each layout you can define a window of model space for printing. Often, the layout might include a title block as well. It's a great help as you can make global changes across many drawings in model space, and all the changes are also made in the corresponding layout space. You also only end up with one drawing file you have to maintain.

The Best way is to create a layout for each drawing and then point the viewport to each individual page. Then you simply select the tab you want to print and print it.

Tim,

it all depends on how the drawing was laid out.
in autocad you have the ability to create layout sheets.
if there are layout sheets, you need to leave the page with the multiple drawings alone. if you move them areoun or delete them, you change the layout sheets.

if there are no layout sheets,
then is there a border around each of the drawings?
if so, you can copy and paste to new drawings.

if you want to plot the drawings (Multiple drawings on the page),zoom a window around one of the drawings. goto plot, set up the plotter, select window, and pick the border of the window. repeat for each of the other drawings.

i have worked for companies in which all the drawings were on 1 drawing, and other companies want a 3d drawing in its own job folder with the xreferences so they could be modified, and another in which each drawing was formatted company-drawing number-page number.

it all depends on what your company wants.

hope this helps,
james

If it is a combination like now all the references will work, when you separate them it is over.
In acad evey thing is made as a model and you can make layouts for every piece of that model.
in acad electric every project contains several pages.
yo can pick one page and copy it, however you just can open this page only too.

As you can see, there are many different approaches to AutoCAD; it is typically the standard set by the individual company's Engineering/CAD department that determines the specific method. However, what I have seen widely accepted is to:

Do all you drawing in Model Space; draw everything in 1:1 scale (not as important for schematics, but use a consistent scale).

You can do all drawings for a project in a single .dwg file (if it is a large project the file size can get out of hand quickly).

Set up individual tabs in Paper Space to define different viewports of the drawing. Each of these will be a separate, individually plottable sheet.

This accomplishes what robertmee and MarkNightingale are pointing out (I think); you have one master drawing file in Model Space, so if you make changes, it affects all the viewports globally.

Typically the way I do it, but just my 0.02.