Q02CPU with Mitsubishi GX DeveloperFX.8.25B

jnewbill

Hello,

We aquired a new steel drawing machine from Japan. I have been asked to help look at the PLC program that was sent along with it. It is a Q02CPU, and GXDeveloperFX8.25 doesn't give me an option to select anything but FX eccentric CPUs. Could someone please tell me if I am using the right software to view the ladder logic or not? Is there some kind of additional plug in I need for support of this PLC CPU? PLC's are not my strong point as i work in a different area (I.T.) however I have been asked to simply help view the logic and would like to do what I can to help. I do not need to get into the controller at this point. I just need to look at the file that was sent with and can't right now. Any pointers appreciated.

J

q02cpu.jpg

Hello,

We aquired a new steel drawing machine from Japan. I have been asked to help look at the PLC program that was sent along with it. It is a Q02CPU, and GXDeveloperFX8.25 doesn't give me an option to select anything but FX eccentric CPUs. Could someone please tell me if I am using the right software to view the ladder logic or not? Is there some kind of additional plug in I need for support of this PLC CPU? PLC's are not my strong point as i work in a different area (I.T.) however I have been asked to simply help view the logic and would like to do what I can to help. I do not need to get into the controller at this point. I just need to look at the file that was sent with and can't right now. Any pointers appreciated.

J

Hello,
GX Developer FX is a lite version of GX Developer only for use with the FX Series PLC platform.

If you are intending to purchase software I would recommend GX Works 2 instead of GX Developer. (GX Works 2 is the latest version of Mitsubishi's programming software.)

Hope this helps,

Dave

To add GX IEC Developer (7.04 is last version). I prefer it comparing to GX Works 2/IQ Works as it has IL, LD, ST, SFC, FB.
But i don't believe that can read PLC and recompile it without problems...