Crimson 3.0 Question

Radan77

Hi,

Quick Crimson 3 question:

If I have used a string tag to collect some data, what is the correct command to clear that string once I have used the data ?

Thanks

Radan77

Hi,

Quick Crimson 3 question:

If I have used a string tag to collect some data, what is the correct command to clear that string once I have used the data ?

Thanks

Radan77

Assuming that you are using an internal tag you can just use something like this (assuming that the Tagname is strTag)

strTag := ""

That worked. Thank you very much for your help.

Do you know of any online resource that provides basic information such as this for Crimson 3 users. The Red Lion information, in my opinion, assumes the user already has a certain level of knowledge.

That worked. Thank you very much for your help.

Do you know of any online resource that provides basic information such as this for Crimson 3 users. The Red Lion information, in my opinion, assumes the user already has a certain level of knowledge.

The only documents I know of are the two that come with the Software.

You can look at the c3_en.pdf starting with Writing Expressions and it should help a lot.

Note that I like to use := rather than = (both are assignment operators) to clearly differentiate it from == which is for equivalency.

In other words, both of the following set intTag to the value 7

intTag := 7
intTag = 7

However, intTag == 7 returns TRUE if intTag contains the value 7.

By the way, there are also functions to set tag values. In fact if you look at the rm.pdf you will see that there is a function called SetStringTag(INDEX, DATA). However, to use it you will need to use the FindTagIndex() to use it if you don't want to manually find the TagIndex from the Tag List.

Dig into the Crimson 3.0 software, check out the manuals, put in a reasonable amount of work on your own, and feel free to ask questions of the experts on this site (as well as contacting Redlion directly - those guys are great).