Inview Display, change IP Address

lostcontrol

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi,
I was trying to change an IP address of a Inview display today, but nothing I tried seemed to work. We did this last year, & whilst it was a bit of a struggle, we did get there. But today, just no luck at all.

What I can put it down to is the MAC address. I cannot seem to find out what it is. The default first 3 values are filled in, with the remaining 3 all 0.
I tried with Wireshark (attached) to see if I could get the MAC address from that. It looks like there is something there for the IP address of 192.168.1.51, but when I tried this it did not work.
When we re-booted, the same message is displayed, no completion or error message.

Last time we did this, I cannot remember if we had the MAC address or if it was just given to us. I cannot seem to find it, RSLinx does not provide that information for us.

Can anyone shed any light on why this is not working, or what the correct method is..?

I tried different NIC combinations, one with the current SubNet, one with the new subnet, another with both. Also different mask variations as well.

Accessing the unit via serial is difficult as is 4m up the wall..

Inview WireShark.jpg

Anyone?
I have confirmed the MAC of the display is as the wireshark trace using the command line ARP function.
I have not yet tried again but may get a chance this wknd.
Would like to get it sorted, but based on last effort not sure how well that will go.
Anyone have any tips for making this easy?