A milestone!

Here's post 50001...

Yes, thank you Phil!... :site:

It's also just past the 2 year anniversary mark for the new forum (based on the April 24, 2002 join date of the 'senior' members).

50,000 posts / 738 days = About 68 posts per day (on average).

No wonder I can't keep up... :rolleyes:

beerchug

-Eric

That figures... :rolleyes:

Quick forum related question for Phil... You were post #50004, yet the 'post ID' number is #51696. Where did the 'missing' 1692 posts go? A bit of 'editing' is occasionally needed, but I don't think you've ever deleted a post entirely. I know I've deleted one or two of my posts, so is this simply the total number of posts that people decided to delete?

Just wonderin'... :confused:

beerchug

-Eric

Eric Nelson said:
Where did the 'missing' 1692 posts go? A bit of 'editing' is occasionally needed, but I don't think you've ever deleted a post entirely. ...snip

Eric,

Post ID includes the practice section as well. That's most of the missing 1692.

The remainder are actually deletions. I may miss a few because I catch them too late and some relevant discussion is squeezed in, but there are deletions.

Of course I just try to edit the posts instead of deleting the thread wherever necessary. But there are the occasional 'illegal request' threads and the 'try my companies hmi software for these plcs threads', etc.

Enjoy,

The 50,000 posts aren't important.

Consider how much productivity has been increased all over the world because of this site. How many millions or possible billions of dollars ( thousands of milions euros ) have be saved or gained.

How much is the information on this site worth?

Think about it.

Also dont forget free education.

It does not have any dollar sign, but is very important to new programmers (like me) :oops:

Re: The 50,000 posts aren't important.

Peter Nachtwey said:
How much is the information on this site worth?
We'll have to wait until Phil sends out the invoices to find out the exact amount... utoh

But seriously, you make a good point, Peter. I know for a fact that this site has saved myself a lot of time (and frustration!) on projects, and time = money, so...

Thanks for the explanation, Phil. I forgot to include the practice area posts... šŸ™ƒ

On to the next 50K posts.

beerchug

-Eric

Phil Melore said:

It was the person looking for the traffic light solution... (y)

Enjoy,

D!mn, that could have been anyone!. The good news is that the chances of them reading up on how to collect are pretty slim...

Congrats Phil, PLCS.net is still the best.

John

Eric Nelson said:
That figures... :rolleyes:

Quick forum related question for Phil... You were post #50004, yet the 'post ID' number is #51696. Where did the 'missing' 1692 posts go? A bit of 'editing' is occasionally needed, but I don't think you've ever deleted a post entirely. I know I've deleted one or two of my posts, so is this simply the total number of posts that people decided to delete?

Just wonderin'... :confused:

beerchug

-Eric

Terry Woods is using them at the bottom of his posts.

Be thankful that it's only 1692... :)

John

Thank you Phil, and thankyou to all participants.

I agree with Peter. Also this site and members is very much of a helping hand, which makes all of us come back here often.

Thankyou guys/ gals for helping and sharing beerchug

Back
Top Bottom