Contrologix L73 Version Help please.

bobwithdana

We had a vendor come outand replace a AB L61 with a new L73 and make some logic changes. Firmware version is V19.3. Tonight we lost the program and when I retrieved the latest version from Asset Center and tried to download it There were 19 Errors. The 19 Errors are UNK Unknown Instruction. And in the Instruction Box it says XIO. My line is down. I cant compile it. I removed UNK but the line wont run now? Help?

Thanks Guys I figured it out. At some point someone checked the program into asset center with one DINT Corrupted. The instruction was XIO but the Tag Did not exist so Logic 5000 assigned it UNK. Again Thanks a lot

That sounds to me like Asset Center has not handled this situation correctly, and accepted a program back that contains errors.

The only way this could have come about is that someone checked out the application file, tried (unsuccesfully) to modify it, and gave up, checking the application file back into Asset Center as "the latest version".

IMHO it should either refuse it, or put the offending application into a "quarantine" area, since it obviously hasn't been in the relevant controller.

Asset Center shouldn't be holding it as an "asset", it is more of a "liability".