Drive Creep

Wormfood

I have an older 1336 Impact Drive that is setup to operate on a vector input based on torque, drive communicates via DeviceNet. When the process is finished and the start command OTE falls off the drive will continue to creep because not all the torque calculation goes to zero as the speed reference. Why would the drive continue to run without the start command? Anyone else have this issues? Process has been stable for a number of years without issue until this started happening recently.

I guess the quick fix would be to move 0 into the speed reference when the process is not running. Just thrown why this is occuring now after the process has been rock steady for years.

Do you have the drive set up for coast to stop, ramp to stop, or?...

And what value do you have for Decel?

But I agree with you, it's supposed to stop.

I think rootboy is on the right track. It sounds based on what you posted that the drive is operating in velocity mode with torque limit. If you have the drive configured for ramp to stop it may not actually disable until its velocity is near zero. If the mechanical system has changed enough to cause the velocity loop integrator to wind up more during the normal motion that may cause the axis to drift some at the end of the move as the integrator unwinds.

Keith