Siemens TP900 Comfort Panel to SLC5/03 using ENI

RobTemple

I have a Siemens TP900 Comfort Panel in a system, successfully monitoring data from a S7-1200 PLC, a couple of S7-200 PLCs, and an AB SLC5/05 PLC. We are attempting to add a SLC5/03 to the network using an ENI module, and poll it with the TP900. No success so far. I'm not certain this will even work, due to the driver used in the Comfort Panel, but I can't find much detailed information. I'm wondering if the communication path in the driver needs to be set different from the default.

I'd appreciate anyone who has made this connection or has information on the Comfort Panel AB driver.

Thanks,
Rob

maybe if you could set communication through one of siemens plc. perhaps you could find driver for plc intercommunication then interface to panel through siemens plc.

I have used the EIP driver with the Comfort Panels a number of times, but I don't think what you want to do is possible.
Check the pdf of the online help around page 5323, it covers the AB drivers.

I am afraid you are heading on a dead-end road...
The 1761-NET-ENI modules were developed (and intended to be used with) the MicroLogix family of CPUs; the SLC 5/03 controllers do not support EtherNet/IP (TCP/IP) data transfer connectivity required by the chosen HMI terminal interface (Ethernet).
While you could transfer data between an SLC 5/03 and any EtherNet/IP capable controller (using the 1761-NET-ENI interface and the DF1 protocol)the data exchange has to be explicitly "defined" within either CPU user application via MSGing.
At least to my knowledge, any HMI application data transfer is of the implicit kind ("built-in").
http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1761-um006_-en-p.pdf

Thanks for the replies. I thought the protocols might be different and that this configuration would not work. I'll likely replace the SLC5/03 with a 5/05.

Rob