Mitsubishi melsec AJ65BTB1D-32DR

EdCampbell

Greetings,

Is there anyone out there who knows or has experience with the above mentioned unit. It is part of an old machine we bought at the beginning of this year. Today one of these modules died and I have a few spare that came with the machine. I have not been able to find any manuals for them and would like to test the spare ones to see if they are working. I tried two in the machine and I am not getting any lights. The unit is connected in parallel with another 4 units that connect to the main PLC. Interestingly enough both the out put modules on the main plc are not working either. Basicly this module is an in/out module and it has its own address in the system so that the main PLC can recognise the messages from it. Much like the DUPLINE SYSTEM.

Thanks in advance.

Greetings,

Is there anyone out there who knows or has experience with the above mentioned unit. It is part of an old machine we bought at the beginning of this year. Today one of these modules died and I have a few spare that came with the machine. I have not been able to find any manuals for them and would like to test the spare ones to see if they are working. I tried two in the machine and I am not getting any lights. The unit is connected in parallel with another 4 units that connect to the main PLC. Interestingly enough both the out put modules on the main plc are not working either. Basicly this module is an in/out module and it has its own address in the system so that the main PLC can recognise the messages from it. Much like the DUPLINE SYSTEM.

Thanks in advance.

I haven't used that particular model and without looking it up the part number looks to me like a CC-Link Remote I/O station with 16 in and 16 out, most likely the inputs can be sink or source depending on the wiring, and the R at the end would have me guess the outputs are relay type. You should have a CC-Link master module in the system, the 3 wire cable connected to the module in question starts at the master module and daisy chains through any other RIO modules.

Do you have power to the master module? Is there an error light on the master module or any other module? What type of PLC are you using? Mitsubishi's software has a CC-Link monitoring/diagnostic tool in their software.

Hope this helps some.

Dave

Hi Dave, Thanks for the reply. After more digging in the machine I have found more modules damaged which also leads me to suspect that the output modules of the plc are also damaged. The PLC is also Mitsubishi Melsec..... Strange how 24 volts can do so much damage. Will have to keep on checking every module supplied by the 24 volts supply. I actualy suspect that the modules I have are all dead as well. They do not look like it but I get the feeling. The module was connected in the machine but I had no lights and I also had the positioning unit dead as well so at present I cannot do much until I know the full story as to how much damage was done by the discharge. Ed