Beckhoff Question

Clay B.

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have several Beckhoff Remote I/O's connected to an Siemens S5 PLC. My question is if I lose comms to the Remote I/O, do the remote outputs stay in their last state or do they shut off.

Edit for more info:

The Remote I/O modules connect via Profibus

Last edited:
Not familiar with a Profibus version but for the DeviceNet coupler one can choose for the outputs to either go off or to keep the last state if the communications are off. The default is to shut them off.

You will need Beckhoff KS2000 software and a serial cable to change that setting.

Similar Topics

Hello all. I have been tasked with working on a Beckhoff iPC (C6640-0020) and have never even seen one, until now. I went on their website to find...
Replies
Views
I did a Beckhoff TwinCAT3 motion training course a couple of months ago. To be honest, it was a little tough going as it was my first sight of...
Replies
Views
Hi guys , I have beckhoff servo drive ax5201 & servo motor am8012 . i am using twincat 3 . I scanned the devises and everything is connected...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am wondering if there is a way to graphically display all configured network connections and devices in TwinCAT PLC? Something...
Replies
Views
I'm pretty new to programming using beckhoff software so please bare with me. I am programming a linear transfer line and to help simplify the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom