RS Linx installation problem

mjggjm12

I am trying to re-install RS Linx because it was freezing up on me. I uninstalled the program and then am now trying to re-install it but it is getting slowed down at the part where it says "Please wait while we register electronic sheet files for the devices you have selected" there is a percentage bar and it is moving 1% about every 3 minutes. at that rate it will take 5 hours. Am I doing something wrong or is this normal. Thank you in advance for any help. I am using windows xp professional on a virtual machine.

Hang in there...:D...Start up again and put the coffee pot on...
Last time I have installed 2.59 (with all the hardware options) on an XP machine took just short of eight hours...🔨

...or Cancel, Reboot and then Install choosing only the needed hardware .eds files(un-check the hardware families which are not present within the given environment)...

Well, it took 6 hours to finish the install but I still have the same problem. I open RS Linx and when I hover over the tabs I get the hourglass and when I click on one I get the not responding warning.

What "tabs" are you refering to?
What do you mean by "hovering over"?
What action returns the "not responding warning"?

The tabs at the top of the RS linx window that say communication, file, edit etc. and any of the buttons underneath those tabs. If I move the curser over them with the mouse it turns from the arrow to the hourglass. The not responding is the windows warning you get when a program freezes.