1756-rio /b

CoastalControl

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello,
Information...

1756-RIO Remote I/O Scanner Config Tool - Version 3.2.1
RSLogix 5000" software is V20.00.00 (CPR 9 SR 5)
RSLinx Classic Gateway - Version 2.58

Loaded the 1756-RIO CD that came with RIO /B Card with all of its "Predefined Module" files. The software proceeded through the installation without any problems.
When I set the 1756-RIO /B card up in my CLX (Ver-19 or 20) programs, "New Module", "Select Module" "1756-RIO" Enter:
Like this: Module Properties
Local Slot 4
Firmware 3.2.1
Scanner Mode
Then I go to the Remote I/O tab
I come to the 1756 Remote I/O Configuration Screen, where I "AutoConfig" the card.
The correct BaudRate and Rack Size, etc. are correct.
I click down the tree to the Modules that were "autoconfigured" where all are labeled "Discrete".
So to enter in a 1771-IFE Module I right click on the card and I I can click on I/O Module Properties.
When I click on Module Type, I only have "Discrete" shown in the "Drop Down Box". This is the problem.

Where are the Block xfer template files to pick from, or, a better question is how do I get them into the proper location so that it will "read" them from the "I/O Modules Properties" screen?
I have loaded the Add-On_Profile files that came with the 1756-RIO /B card, I can enter it into the 1756 Backplane, but when I enter the 1756 Remote I/O Configuration Screen, where I enter the I/O modules and what they are in my Rack, I see nothing? I have another laptop which has another RSLogix5000 package and I can see these cards. They have IFE, OFE,"BTMODTPL" files in them. With this I am able to configure the Block Transfers from the (BT Module Parameterization) screen.

The files in both PC's are in the same location.

I understand from Publication 1756-UM534B-EN-P - November 2010 Page 153 that the properties of block transfer modules are defined in files in the subdirectory ’Templates’ of the directory where the 1756-RIO software is installed. (These are where mine are located, they just don't show up in the "selection" box in 56RioCfgScan" program?) Template files have the extension BtModTpl. The BtModTpl files can be opened with Microsoft Notepad. Template files are simple text files that define the properties of the block transfer module.

Thanks for reading all of this stuff.. I have never had this issue before so, just wanted to check to see if anyone else had seen this type of issue.

I appreciate any response...

Well,
I reloaded all of my software on the bugger machine and it all functions fine. Just reload... That's what I say. Works most of the time, but extremely time consuming.

Thank you all for reading and considering an answer.
Thanks to Ron B. for his help over email. It was great hearing from him again.

Merry Christmas everyone!