Can't acknowledge alarms in Citect

franciscoufa

Hello!

I have got a new problelm in my project. I have done some alarms, for which I have added an alarm server and an alarm device. The alarms display correct in the Alarm page, but I select the alarm with the mouse and I click the left mouse button, or I move the cursor onto the alarm and press the Enter key (as the manual says) and I can't acknowledge it. My alarms are all of the same category. I tried to creat a new alarm, without category but that isn't the problem.

I attached a capture.

Thanks!fsd.jpg

aa.jpg

Last edited:
You will find it has to do with your security settings - you will need to have a look at them. Normally someone has to log in to acknowledge alarms.

You will find it has to do with your security settings - you will need to have a look at them. Normally someone has to log in to acknowledge alarms.

Of course, I'm logged in the Runtime. At the start of the project I created an User and a Role, I think that you mean this, but I can acknowledge alarms!!

I still think it has to do with your security settings. Contact Citect support and they will assist you - you may have to send them your project for them to check it out. Have always found them very helpful.

I still think it has to do with your security settings. Contact Citect support and they will assist you - you may have to send them your project for them to check it out. Have always found them very helpful.

It's a big problem for me, as I used a free license (the university gave it to me) and I think that Citect support will ask me for a valid license,mine could be invalid.o_O

Sounds like an illegal copy - Citect support will wipe you! Get on to your teacher, instructor, professor - whatever he calls himself and get some help. Trouble is these guys are usually ruddy useless unless it is all written down in a manual! Glad I learned by myself on the job!

From your screenshot - you are not logged in
Click on the user login button (top left corner) and login then you will be able to acknowledge alarms