90-30 import to ME failure

NetNathan

Lifetime Supporting Member
At the work site where I am doing some work, I am converting some 90-30 systems to RX3i.
I have converted 2 systems without any problems.
Now this one locks up partway through the import from Logicmaster to ME.

9030 File attached.
logicmaster folder name A12366

Same results. 7 and 5.6 Tried opening it in LM90 I can see the Main and the calls but no Subroutine When I try to look at Variables or anything but main get an error folder is locked. Cannot look edit ect. when I try to go to F9 Utility more The folder is locked changes cannot be made. I think if you open in your lm90 or try to re upload and correct this issue first.

I was finally able to get it to pass after I opened it in LM90 and deleted the foreign modules in Rack 1.

My PME backup is too large to post.

I was finally able to get it to pass after I opened it in LM90 and deleted the foreign modules in Rack 1.

My PME backup is too large to post.

I am converting 4 pieces of equipment from 90-30, after changing the 90-30 racks, PS and CPU I then convert to RX3i.
Obviously I first have to import Logicmaster to ME before converting to RX3i. Herein lies the problem
All the systems have the exact same IO modules including the 3 "foreign modules" (Horner TC module).
After conversion to RX3i the Horner modules are removed anyway and I am changing over to a Sixnet TC module, which I am talking to with Modbus from an RX3i ETM001 Ethernet module which is added to the new rack.

2 PLCs converted without an issue....even recognizing the "foreign modules" and on the other 2 I am having this issue, during the conversion it hangs after _MAIN.pdt.

I will try deleting the "foreign modules" and see. However I have also tried opening Logicmaster and deleting all the modules in the IO configuration, then saving and trying the import with same results.

I am running ME 7.5.

Last edited:
Same results. 7 and 5.6 Tried opening it in LM90 I can see the Main and the calls but no Subroutine When I try to look at Variables or anything but main get an error folder is locked. Cannot look edit ect. when I try to go to F9 Utility more The folder is locked changes cannot be made. I think if you open in your lm90 or try to re upload and correct this issue first.

I will try this but when I look at the Logicmaster offline on my PC I do not have any locks. All the variables are only in the Main variable table, I do not keep variables in the subroutines.
I was the original programmer/installer of the 90-30 systems several years ago and I never locked the folders and I do not see any locked folders when I open the logic in my Logicmaster 9.05. Are you using Loicmaster 9.05? It was the last release of Logicmaster.

I will try to get on one of the systems with Logicmaster before I take it down for the conversion and make sure I can connect and go into each subroutine and also do a verify.

Last edited:
Last edited:
The files are showing as locked because they are set to read only after they are unzipped. I found out when I copied to another computer.

I tried again without deleting any modules. It took over 15 minutes, but succeeded. During the import, I did not do anything else on my computer.

What exactly the problem is, I have no idea. There are over 148000 variables and a lot are unused.

My best advice at this point is to start the import and walk away for 15 - 30 minutes.

Problem solved with GE tech support help.
They had the same lock up issue and had to download to a 364CPU with Logicmaster and then upload the logic and save. Then it converted.
Something must have been corrupted in my older Logicmaster folder.