continue S7 pointer inquiry3

lad_stl

thanks a lot L D[AR2,P#0.0], but let me ask
what is the difference between these (same) tow instructions u use in your example

L D[AR1,p#2.0] (first one) that you use before opening datablock
L D[AR1,p#0.0] (second one) that you use after opn DB

as i understand from u that in the (first one) i load the adress it self
and in (seconed one i load the contents [data])in that adress. how the PLC Differentiate between the tow meanings although they are considered one line code.

What matters is what has been loaded into AR1 - in the first case AR1 points to the location of the pointer parameter, in the second case, AR1 points to the location specified by the pointer parameter.

Similar Topics

hi guys, let me back to my conflicts here is in that example (assume i assign actual parameter DB100.DBX0.0 to ghost ) L p##ghost LAR1...
Replies
Views
thanks my dear, please i need to know when i assign actual parameter to the pointer IN in my FB that i mentioned before. for example i...
Replies
Views
Hi, When the HMI (KTP1200 basic) powers up, the user has to enter their credentials to log in. In the screenshot, ADMIN has already logged in...
Replies
Views
So I just received more bad news from my Rockwell rep. Apparently they are discontinuing the following products: Kinetix 3, 300, 350, 2000 and...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am having problems installing RSlinx 3.74. I had RSLinx 2.59 initially and I could not browse through ENET card to the backplane so I...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom