RS 5000 v20 and 1794-AENT

bguinn

I cannot find a module profile for the 1794-AENT. Therefore it is not in my communication modules to add to the RS5000 module tree. Any idea where I can find the module profile for the 1794-AENT to add to RS5000? I don't need the EDS, RSLinx sees it fine.

Check out the attached pic. we use the AENT module with the compact logix controllers often. is it possible you were looking under the controller and not the ethernet module?

pic.jpg

Is this a new installation of RSLogix 5000 ? The 1794-AENT is a native module profile and not an Add-On or EDS-based Add-On, and it's been in RSLogix 5000 since v17 at least.

Edit: RA Knowledgebase says that 1794-AENT isn't available by default in v20.0, and you have to update to v20.01.

Last edited:
I'm running version 20.01, and it is not in my list.

It is there for version 19.

I am actually trying to upload another program that is running, but the upload keeps shutting down RS 5000.

I will try installing 20.03.

Last edited:
I don't think you want to install 20.03. I don't believe it is an incremental update. If memory serves me right, it forces you to maintain the same major/minor version, meaning, you can't open unless you have 20.03. I think it has some special security, maybe others on this forum can explain better.

James

Click the "Hide Filters" button in the upper right corner.

I couldn't find the Ethernet module either, when clicked the hide/show filters button I found it...I think there might be a bug in their filters.

Have downloaded and installed v20.01.01 from the Rockwell website, and the 1794 series still does not appear in my component lists, and shows as unknown in RS 5000 when opening up an offline program. If I try to go online, RS 5000 faults and shuts down still.

It looks like yours is 20.01.00 Am I reading that correctly. If so I need to try to go back one version.

Not Sure

I was looking up on my Rslogix 5k CD and found this (see fig. attached).
Path is :
D:\RSLogix5000\ENU\RSLogx5k\v20.01

On the bottom there is a windows installer, on top you will see AOP.
Not sure if this application will installed AOPs, but you can try if you want.

1794_aent.jpg

I have tried uninstalling and re installing v20, and it tells me the current module profile is newer than the one trying to install and therefore will not be updated. How can I uninstall the current module profile, does anyone know?