S7-300 and speed control

dimigav

I wrote a program for a machine and now I must add new features.
I must follow the speed of another machine using load-cells and potentiometer for micro-adjustment. I need to know a technique for this.

Thanks!!!

I try to read the speed from main motor M with tacho that gives 0-10V analog signal. But, because the type of the fabric I don't want tension, so I use a loadcell that also gives 0-10V calibratided from 0-10Kgrams. And with a potentiometer I select the tension (Kgrams) that I need. The analog signal from that goes to a frequency converter driving the M1 motor.

Thanks

br.jpg

Very nice sketch
Looks like a tenter frame with a folder (load cell trim)
I've worked on a few of those- I hope this logic helps
Retrieve this sample and run it on PLCSim. I tried to comment it to your motor names etc..
This block also does a "draw percent" if you need it for motor M2

Last edited:
Yes is a stenter with folder, but M1 and M2 is a squeezer unit.
For the M2 I need only a pot to increase little bit the speed if needed.

so you will have a pot for M2? (that wasn't mentioned in post 3)
Then use the same FB again (with different instance data block) but only give the draw values HI and LOW a small trim value
Set the bit for Mode Ratio to false
The out put "follower speed" will go to M2's drive
I hope that makes sense

t1.jpg

Last edited:
I thing is OK. Thanks JRW!!!

If I want to give the number of the tension from an OPERATOR PANEL in kg and not in percent I must scale the tension_kg number in percentage and then put it into FB100?

Last edited:
Your welcome.
Just remember the internal PID is 0-100. So scale your 0-10kg to 0-100 and send to "OperatorSettings".TensionSetpoint.
So replace network 1 with your own scale instruction

how critical is to use OB35? The program is very large (I mean the other program). So, can I use OB1 (in my CPU not supported OB35, or any cyclic interrupt) to run the speed control?

What s7 CPU doesn't have an ob35?
Remember , just because it's not in the blocks folder doesn't mean it can't be inserted
I recommend you call this code from ob35
Just create an fc, then put this code in the fc you just created.
In your timed cyclic ob , call your fc

You can try from ob1 but you probably will have trouble tuning it

Last edited:
Interesting!
I stand corrected, I don't see 312's very often.

Try a 100ms timer bit to the call for an FC with this FB in it

Some of the folks here might have better ideas but this should work

Dear JRW,

I started to test the machine and I found a problem.
FB100 never gives speed lower than the lead_drive_speed, even if the feedback from the loadcell is zero (and of course the setpoint is positive).
Why??

Make sure inside the PID settings (instance data block)
Low out is -100
High output is 100
This will give a +10 to -10 % output as long as your input to FB is .9 and 1.1 default values