plc methods and standards.

stephen

hi me again.
i was just wondering if you know the meaning to these terms, can't find anything on ask?google!
ISO
IEE
MAP

I'm guessing that they are standards right?
any help would be gratefull.
cheers all. :confused:

Try

IEEE
MAPI

That should bring results. Yes they are standards but there are hundreds under IEEE. What are you looking for?

can't find anything on ask?google!
Are you sure you did search? Within 1 minute I came up with this results from Google.
  1. ISO
    International Organization for Standardization - more info is to be fount at their website.
    About 11,600,000 links for ISO - search took 0.14 seconds. The given link is the first in the list.
  2. IEE
    I think you mean IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. You can find more info at the IEEE website.
    About 9,980,000 links for IEEE - search took 0.20 seconds. The given link is again the first in the list.
    [/list=1]
    MAP gives some more trouble, but then again there must be something left to do for you.

Regards,

Ah, yes - MAP.

Some of us remember when General Motors was going to force every automation vendor to support MAP so that all of our PLC and controllers and HMI and PCs and other automation widgets would be able to communicate on a single non-proprietary network.

Isn't that a wonderful concept! Amazing how much it changed the PLC communications landscape, isn't it!

When I stated "MAP gives some more trouble" I only meant that it would give more trouble with the search engines to find what was needed. 90% of the links direct to maps as in roadmaps and not to MAP as in Manufacturing Automation Protocol. :D

Kind regards,

Tom Jenkins said:
Ah, yes - MAP.

Some of us remember when General Motors was going to force every automation vendor to support MAP so that all of our PLC and controllers and HMI and PCs and other automation widgets would be able to communicate on a single non-proprietary network.

Isn't that a wonderful concept! Amazing how much it changed the PLC communications landscape, isn't it!

Oh yeah, so much that we are the only ones in the world using it :)

Any idea as to how much it costs to repair a Series Six MAP card? bawling

John

I can't believe it

That's the third question I have noticed you ask that can be answered with some simple looking through your textbook or using Google. Come'on, what's the point of you doing a course without learning anything, especially the art of learning and research.

Re: I can't believe it

Xion said:
That's the third question I have noticed you ask that can be answered with some simple looking through your textbook or using Google. Come'on, what's the point of you doing a course without learning anything, especially the art of learning and research.

I've kinda been wondering this myself. :rolleyes:

John

Xion,

this is the best way to avoid hiring lazy people. Ask the job applicants this kind of questions and monitor PLCS.net for some days. ;) :D

Kind regards,