Logixpro CD

gordie

Hi Everyone;

Was wondering if anyone has tried out the Logixpro simulator Cd available at the learning pit.com. As a newbie to this field would like to know if this might be a good place to start. Any evaluations on this software. I have currently been plAying around with Zelio Soft smart relay software available at their site:) Thanks for any returns - Gordie

Highly recommended!

Gordie,
I can definitely recommend the LogixPro software. I have been using it now for about a year. I like it so well that we purchased a site license for our school and adopted it for use in our PLC courses. If you download the student lab exercises and do a diligent job of working with it, you will definitely learn about PLCs. Bill Simpson has done a great job of putting this software together and with the labs, it is a definite value. I have students who start out not knowing anything about PLCs and by the second or third week or my course, they are programming. Now, I would like to believe that my teaching skills are mostly the reason for that, but LogixPro certainly helps. Modest aren't I? Good luck!

Only one advice from me: GO FOR IT! (y)

For that price it's about the best simulation/training software I've ever seen. Anything (even slightly) better could cost you up to 100 times more. Lots are worse for a higher price.

I recommend it to any student passing in my classroom. Certainly for service technicians who are not using PLC on a regular base it's a great value to maintain their skills. I can't use it for teaching as Randy does because of company policy, but I would surely use it if I could.

Kind regards,

Logix Pro

Go for it it is well worth the money. The fact that it has a great I/O simulator on it has helped me out a ton. You can try out your program and any changes before having to D/L it to the PLC