send 4-20MA wireless

abbasmech

Hi all

Dear i need to send 4-20 MA wireless to remote location distance is 8km.
What is best design for that.

I think to use S7-1200,AI SB and NANOBRIDGE in first location and use NANOBRIDGE, ET200S with AO in second location but i look for other design cheaper because its only one analogue signal.

Hi all

Dear i need to send 4-20 MA wireless to remote location distance is 8km.
What is best design for that.

I think to use S7-1200,AI SB and NANOBRIDGE in first location and use NANOBRIDGE, ET200S with AO in second location but i look for other design cheaper because its only one analogue signal.

Try equipment from ALLPRONIX Contact Rudi.

He will be able to help you. They deal mostly in wireless equipment:beerchug:

Check out Data Linc Group CIX6435 i/o extenders. Use them at out sites up to 10 miles apart and work great.They send 4-20ma and digitals from a slave to a master via radio.Very accurate and dependable.

Don't use this stuff. I have had bad experience in the past. It's rubbish to be honest

I have to agree and disagree. I agree because the first system I worked on was not layed out correctly. 80% system uptime at best. This syetm was only used for fault notification so no-one knew when it didn't work. We did a site survey and it was horrible. The original system was installed and worked perfectly. The customer built a new building between the two radios. I replaced the antennas and this system works perfectly.

I have installed 30+ systems. Every time I tried to cut corners and not do a site survey I have been sorry. I now do a site survey every time. These systems work flawlessly. The largest I have installed had 20 repeaters and 10 nodes going back to a Red Lion G306. A super clean system installation because I did the design upfront.

I'm sorry but I still have to disagree. We had to remove all of these installations from sites due to terrible communications. Surveys were conducted prior to design

I have had a number of successes with the Banner Engineering wireless. I've installed the older 900 MHz, 130mW radios and the 900MHz full 1 watt of power, both frequency hoppers.

I suspect the Swedish version is the 2.4Ghz version which I have no experience with.

Dan

Dan Banner is releasing several of the 2.4 in the US. I have done several proto type setups and configurations for them. Mainly for interfacing with Red Lion and AB Devices.

I am probably partial because they send me work.

As all are here, I am not in the business of "bad mouthing" products. Some have different experiences on different products. For me in this case it was a nightmare that did not need to be.

Setup: Good
Reliabilty: Poor
Tech Support: Extremely disappointing.

Changed to another system and works flawlessly. Of course one can say I had design issues due to to inthorough ( is this a word???) site surveys which I can accept. But I can assure you we have many successful installations in the Nordics with no issues.

Tech Support yet to call back with a solution to now redundant equipment and Pi&&sed off customer.

We don't like to bad mouth anyone or any company. I do like to discuss pros and cons of systems. The tech support issue is a shame. I may be because you are out of the US market. I know they sell stuff across the pond. It is disappointing to hear about bad supp.