Omron Zen PLC Counter

akosiak

A simple task but beyond me. How do I set a counter in a ZEN controller to decrement? I'm using the Zen Support Software and the manual clearly states that it can be done, but not how.

That is really my question I guess. Do I do this in the "edit contact" or "edit coil" field? I am trying to track occupancy so I need one input to increment the counter and another to decrement it.
I am working with the zen support software and selecting the "D" option in the edit contact field doesn't appear to change the count direction.

Thanks

Last edited:
You will need to program both the CCx and DCx outputs.
To increment the count, energize the CCx output.
To decrement the count, you need to energize both.
Hope this will help.

Energize both simultaneously to decrement?
Yes, actually DCx needs to turn ON before or at the same time as CCx to decrement a counter. You can turn on DCx and leave it on until you are done counting down. When ready to count up, turn off or reset DCx, where x = counter number.

Hey guys,

I am having a similar issue. I am using an Omron ZEN 10C3DR-D-V2 module with ZEN SOFT-01 Software Version 4.14

I am trying to have an input add a 1 to a counter and another input subtract 1 from the counter. If the counter reaches 3 an output will energize.

I have looked in the Edit screen for the Counter's Coil and Contacts and have been unable to see where I can have it actually subtract from the counter. Any help would be appreciated!

I don't have a ZEN here at the moment, but it appears that toggling the direction input should do it. If you pulse the count input with the direction input OFF it should count up. If you pulse the count input with the direction input ON it should count down.

Omron Zen have limitations application i will suggest CP1H/CP1E/CP1L select the cheaper model.

it's best you have CX-Programmer software.

I had to modify the program slightly, some of our robots are dropping 2 parts at a time. Here is the updated program.

Thanks again for the suggestions and help!

Conveyor2Parts.PNG

Why do you use M0 to subtract or decrement C0 at the end? It seems that your C0 count will end up to always be 0.

Perhaps you are not using C0 to actually count parts, but simply as a Step relay to indicate when the scanning of the label is complete. If so, there should be easier ways to do this.