Using Variable Tags In Factory talk Studio ME 7.00

cschlue

Is it at all possible to use a "Variable Tag"?

An example would be i have a macro that runs on the close of a display that checks if a {Part_selection_A\Selected} tag is greater than 0, The tag is set by Interlocked Buttons on a part selection screen. If the tag is greater then zero I want to write {Part_Selection_A\Part_%} to the tag, and the % would be Equal to the same value of {Part_selection_A\Selected}

I'm trying to avoid writing the same macro over and over again just to change one number.

If you have a tag that needs to be used for two functions, then certainly you can reassign the value of the tag anytime you want. The problem is "how does the PLC and Factory Talk know WHEN it is the first function or the second function?

If you have some other event or time that can be used to determine which function the tag is now assigned, then yes, it can be made to work. For example you could look at the Part Selection Screen for T time after the operator changes a selection, and after that time the tag will always be the Part Number.

Instead of a timer, if there is an Event "A" that could be used (such as closing the Part Selection Screen), then

If Event "A" = TRUE, then {Part_selection_A\Selected} = Switch Inputs
If Event "A" = FALSE, then {Part_selection_A\Selected} = {Part_Selection_A\Part_%}