1769-L35E Firmware Download Failed

Hal9000

Due to a UCP power failure my 1769-L35E CPU has been inadvertently killed during the firmware update process. (don't laugh - it's not funny)

I’ve tried the following but still not having much luck connecting to the CPU:

· Disconnected the battery for >30 mins
· Ran up BootP and manually entered mac address into the relation list, right clicked and selected reset to default net settings. Made no difference.
· Can’t ping the unit (192.100.1.10)
· Tried an RS232 serial connection. Note when I was setting up the RS232 DF-1 device in Linx and I click “auto-Configure” it says communication successful for 19.2 8N1, however it will not browse the CPU.
· Pressed the CH 0 restore to default button. Made no difference.
· Ran up ControlFlash (11.0) but cannot browse the CPU, so can’t proceed anyway.

LED status:
MS = red
NS = red
Link = off
CH 0 = blinks green when host PC is trying to communicate via Rs232 – DF1. Once every few seconds.

Let me know if you have any further ideas to help me out?

failing that, next stop Rockwell for repair!

Hi,

You have got a CPU that we will call 'bricked'. It will be more use as a doorstop than a PLC.

Flashing firmware is always a risky experience, and as you lost power while you were flashing it the CPU is now dead.

You could try sending it back but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Cheers

Mark